God’s Design for Sex
The God’s Design for Sex series helps parents establish a biblical view of sexuality in the home. The parent’s guide, and four age-appropriate books, enable families to develop a healthy dialogue about sexuality. They provide children the foundation of truth and knowledge they need for when they are inevitably bombarded with confusing and potentially harmful messages about sex.
About the Authors
STAN JONES, PHD is a professor of psychology and core studies at Wheaton College. He also served as Provost for twenty years. He is a nationally recognized Christian expert on sexuality. He has written books on psychology and Christianity and on homosexuality and has contributed numerous articles to such professional journals as American Psychologist.
BRENNA JONES has graduate training in biblical and theological studies and leads an active ministry of discipleship and support for women. Stan and Brenna have three adult children.
CAROLYN NYSTROM is the author of more than 80 books for both children and adults, including What Happens When We Die?, winner of the ECPA Gold Medallion Award for children’s books. Carolyn and her husband, Roger, have four children, whose early questions about sex, pregnancy, and babies prompted her to write Before I Was Born.
How & When to Tell Your Kids About Sex
Do you want to have healthy, honest, biblical conversations about sex with your kids? How and When to Tell Your Kids about Sex equips you with the strategies, tools, and insights for age-appropriate discussions at every stage of your child’s life. In this third revision of the bestselling series, Stan and Brenna Jones provide honest and practical suggestions for every parent. Learn how to:
• Affirm the goodness of God’s view of sex and sexuality
• Explain physical development and sexual intercourse in age-appropriate ways
• Prepare your child for the changes of puberty
• Dialogue about the pitfalls of our culture’s approach to sex
• Empower your child with the understanding and skills to resist negative pressures
• Encourage a commitment to purity
• Create an environment of trust and honesty in your family
Now revised and updated with helpful material on pornography, sexual orientation, gender identity, and more.
The Story of Me
It’s never too early to begin giving your child a practical understanding of his or her unique, beautiful body and why God designed it to be exactly the way it is. With candid, age-appropriate language and illustrations, The Story of Me explains:
• The growth of a child inside a mother’s body and the birth process
• The nurturing family as God’s context for love
• Proper names for private body parts
• The specialness of being made a boy or a girl
• God’s love and the goodness of all He has made
Help your child get excited by how God has designed them- and discover that their story is part of God’s bigger story.
Before I Was Born
Before I Was Born emphasizes the creational goodness of our bodies and explains sex as a special gift God gives to a husband and wife. It covers such topics as
• Why God made boys’ and girls’ bodies different
• God’s plan for loving marriages and families
• The basic facts about intercourse, presented in the context of marital love and intimacy
• Conception and fetal development
• Childbirth and breastfeeding
Created to answer the questions your young child will inevitably ask, Before I Was Born will help you give your child a head start in understanding God’s good plan for them, their family, and their sexuality.
What’s the Big Deal?
Your kids probably know about sex. But what they’ve gathered from TV, other kids, or the internet is often distorted or incomplete and falls far short of God’s good plan for their sexuality. What’s the Big Deal? will help you walk your child through a biblically based understanding of sex and prepare them for the changes ahead in puberty. Find insights and answers to tough questions like:
• What does God actually say about sex in the Bible?
• Why is it best to save sex for marriage?
• What is pornography, and why is it dangerous?
• What is puberty, and what does it look like for boys and girls?
• How should you respond to sexual pressure from friends, TV shows, movies, and magazines?
Read this book with your child, and get started on healthy, thoughtful conversations about sex. Together, you can learn about what a beautiful and exciting gift from God sexuality is meant to be!
Facing the Facts
Transitioning through puberty into life as an adolescent is an exciting—and often stressful—time for your kids, but you don’t need to sweat the hard conversations! Facing the Facts helps inform your kids about the maturation of their bodies, why God planned it to happen just that way, and how they can live in a way that prepares them for a flourishing life as an adult. Dive into healthy, biblically informed conversations about:
• The wonders and complexities of a young adult body
• Sex, pregnancy, and birth
• Saving sex for marriage
• Worldviews and sex
• Masturbation, sexual addiction, gender identity, and same-sex attraction
• The meaning of sex in God’s story
Equip your child with God’s truth about bodies, sex, and relationships as you discuss this book with your child!